Born 1923, Caracas, Venezuela
1940-45 Studies at the School of Fine Arts in Caracas.
1946-1955 Artistic director of the Venezuelan branch of the McCann-Erickson Advertising Agency.
1947 First one-man exhibition at the Instituto Venezolano Americano, Caracas.
1953-55 Illustrator for the daily El Nacional of Venezuela.
1955-56 While living in Barcelona, he makes trips to Paris where he studies the physical properties of color.
1957 Opens a studio of visual arts and industrial design in Caracas. His style changes from abstraction to geometrical forms.
1958-60 Becomes the Assistant Director of the School of Fine Arts in Caracas and professor at the Central University of Venezuela.
1959 His experimentation with color leads to the creation of his first “physichromies.”
1960 Moves to Paris and becomes associated with Sergio Camargo, Jesús Rafael Soto and other Latin-American artists who work there. His later works encompass environmental installations.
1970 Is the only representative from Venezuela in the 1970 Biennale.